E. G. Burridge & Sons was originally founded by Revelstoke pioneer, Edgar George Burridge. Edgar was born in England in 1867, and moved to Canada with his parents, Alfred and Adelaide Burridge, in 1870. After meeting and marrying his wife Catherine in Ontario, he moved to Revelstoke in around 1898 and worked as a tinsmith for W M Lawrence (now occupied by the Roxy Theatre). Edgar and his sons, Harold and Stewart, then began their own tinsmith company as E. G. Burridge & Sons in 1909. In 1926, the company expanded to offer electrical, plumbing and heating. The Burridge’s family carried on the business until 1976 when, after the passing of Edgar, Harold and Stewart, the business was sold.
Although no longer under the ownership of the Burridge’s family, the family feel continued. From 1976, the business was incorporated as Burridges Enterprises Ltd by Donald Hawker, Leslie Wick and David Nealy, and in 1988, Donald Crisanti became part of Burridge’s history by taking over some shareholdings.
A important change occurred under the multiple decade ownership of Martin and Elaine Greenwood, during which time Burridge’s refocused its services to offer high quality, professional electrical services only.
After working under the impeccable ownership of Martin and Elaine Greenwood for over 5 years, Marc (MJ) Joiner and his wife Alicia, are proud and excited to have the honour of owning this company steeped in rich Revelstoke history. As during the century before, the commitment to provide reliable, knowledgeable and efficient electrical services to the community of Revelstoke remains. The new ownership also brings a renewed intention to be competitive, innovative and environmentally conscious. Watch this space as Burridge’s reaffirms it’s place in the Revelstoke history books.